A Little Perspective
Here’s a little perspective on the inventory of homes for sale in today’s market…
First we’ll look at Metro Denver:
• The average number of residential listings for sale at this time of year is 15,577
• The highest-ever for this time of year is 29,722 which occurred in 2006
• The number of listings right now is 4,821
• So, inventory in Metro Denver is roughly one-third of the average and 25,000 fewer than the highest-ever.
• DMAR is the source of the stats listed above
Now, Northern Colorado:
• Larimer County has 802 active listings today
• Based on 10 years of data, this is the lowest it has ever been
• The high in Larimer County occurred in 2010 with 2608 listings so today’s inventory is one-third of what it was 10 years ago.
• Inventory today in Weld County is 727 which isn’t the lowest-ever.
• The lowest during the last 10 years was 2017.
• The highest was 2010 with 1791 properties so today there are roughly 1,000 fewer properties to choose from.